[TR] Transmission Conversion

Bob Danielson 75TR6 at tr6.danielsonfamily.org
Fri May 2 05:49:58 MDT 2008

David,
Nice job with the documentation of your installation along with the
pictures. The only question I have is with your driveshaft. It looks like
you still have the slip in the shaft and are using Herman's locking collar.
Herman is now strongly recommending that the slip in the driveshaft be
totally eliminated. His locking collar only prevents the driveshaft from
moving in but there's nothing to prevent it from moving out and pushing the
tranny flange into the rear seal. He's seen one tranny failure and had
caught a couple of others with damaged seals from driveshaft movement. I
went with a new drive shaft
(http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org/DiffNewInstall.htm) and the driveshaft shop
agreed with Herman on never having 2 slips in one drive-train. You might
want to give Herman a call.

Bob Danielson
1975 TR6 CF38503U
Running w/ Throttle Body Injection