[TR] TR3 hard to slide into 1st gear

Geo & Kathleen Hahn ahwahnee at cybertrails.com
Wed Mar 26 06:59:06 MST 2008

I'll be interested in the answers on this as I, too, have this problem.

Yes, a shift into 2nd, then into 1st is standard procedure for me (to stop
the first motion shaft I guess) but still it is sometimes real reluctant to
slip into 1st.

What you say about letting the clutch out slightly (and feeling for the spot
where it will go into 1st) often works but naturally this has to occur in
that nanosceond after the light turns green and the Ford Expedition behind
you is wanting to get moving NOW.

I use Redline in the gearbox (non-OD) if that is relevant.  Up till now I
just accpeted it as something I can live with but I have to admit it seems
to be worse the last couple of years so I'm willing to consider anything
that will help.

Geo