[TR] TR3 hard to slide into 1st gear

zoboherald at aol.com zoboherald at aol.com
Wed Mar 26 06:44:21 MST 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: Kent Shrack <kentshrack at yahoo.com>

My wife is having difficulty in shifting her TR3 into first gear at a
stop.  I
have worked with her on letting the clutch out slightly etc, but it's
like it
just will not slide into gear for her.  I don't have as much trouble,
but it is
difficult at times.  It is a non-syncro overdrive....

==AM==
For at least a short-term solution, try (with clutch in, of course ;-)
) briefly pulling the gear lever towards 2nd and then go for 1st.

--Andy  Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so  much of a jet, it's more your, er,
Triumph Herald engine with  wings.
 -- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus  (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph
Herald Database at its new URL: <http://triumph-herald.us>