[TR] TR3 hard to slide into 1st gear

Chip19474 at aol.com Chip19474 at aol.com
Wed Mar 26 06:54:30 MST 2008

Kent,

Back in the late '60s when I bought my first TR (a well used and abused '58
TR3A), a wise old gent told me to always shift briefly into 2nd gear first
before shifting into 1st gear after stopping.  It always worked for me on  my
TR's without syncro and I still do it today in my TR6 and occasionally shift
into 2nd with my 5 speed (all syncro) truck....it's really not necessary on
syncro boxes but I do it anyway:)

Chip Krout
Delaware Valley Triumphs, Ltd.
Skippack, PA
1976 TR6  CF57822U

In a message dated 3/26/2008 6:38:57 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,