[TR] TR3 hard to slide into 1st gear

Kent Shrack kentshrack at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 26 06:38:09 MST 2008

My wife is having difficulty in shifting her TR3 into first gear at a stop.  I have worked with her on letting the clutch out slightly etc, but it's like it just will not slide into gear for her.  I don't have as much trouble, but it is difficult at times.  It is a non-syncro overdrive.  Before installing it I put in bearings, seals and syncro's, but did nothing to the top cover or shifter slides.  From the wisdom of the list, Is the top cover the best place to start?  Clean shafts, new seals, and shift shaft lubrication?  What is the recommended lubricant that will stay without attracting too much dirt?   Any help is ALWAYS appreciated

  THANKS

  Kent Shrack TS78563 o