[TR] Transmission Locating Dowels

Bob Danielson 75TR6 at tr6.danielsonfamily.org
Sat Mar 22 08:32:26 MST 2008

Folks,
Herman's 5 speed installation directions stress the use of the locating
dowels between the engine backing plate and the tranny bell housing.
Well....I don't have any locating dowels there. I've got them between the
tranny and the bell housing but only bolts and/or studs between the backing
plate and bell housing. There's two studs side by side at 12 o'clock. I'll
be mounting the tranny to the engine with BOTH out of the car if that makes
a difference. So is this lack of locating dowels a problem and, if so,
what's the options?

As always.....thanks

Bob

Bob Danielson