[TR] TR3A hydraulic reservoir

Joe Laurito trglory at comcast.net
Thu Mar 13 13:31:43 MST 2008

I piped up the hydraulics today but I'm not sure I did it correctly. The
reservoir has an internal baffle surrounding the outlet on the right of the
tank which is labeled "Clutch". However, the pre-bent pipes are configured
so that the long pipe going to the clutch MC ends up on the left and the
short pipe going to the brake MC ends up on the right. I spun the reservoir
around so that the smaller inter chamber labeled "Clutch" is on the left,
connects to the clutch and the labeling faces the firewall. The larger outer
chamber of the tank then connects to the brake.

Either the reservoir tank is labeled incorrectly or the pipes are
incorrectly bent. Should the clutch be connected to the smaller inner
chamber or doesn't it matter? My guess is that you would want the larger
supply of fluif (I believe that is the proper term on this list) to be
dedicated to the brakes. The factory ROM was absolutely no help. The
Autobook repair manual mentioned the two chamber reservoir on Girling
systems but never indicated which is which. Do I have my circuits correctly
piped or not?

TIA

Joe

Checked by AVG.