[TR] Early TR4 change points - Home stretch!

nwolf at u.washington.edu nwolf at u.washington.edu
Thu Mar 13 12:59:24 MST 2008

Thanks, Jerry!
   This list is so awesome.  :)
   Assuming my non-eared bonnet latch mechanism is original, this puts my car in the approximate range of CT 1273-5642 (late '61 to early '62).  There appear to be have been two change points in that period: The ear on the bonnet catch mechanism was omitted, and the anchor point for the spare tire was changed from a stamped loop to a hook.  My car lacks the ear and has the loop-type anchor, so it's right in between those (unknown) change points.
   In other words, we are really on the home stretch here.  My goal was to determine the year of the car, and I'm really close.  Can I get a few more of you early TR4 owners to check for the characteristics below, particularly #2 and #4, particularly if your commission number is in the range above?

   Again, thanks a million for all your help.
-Nick