[TR] clutch MC will not come apart

PeterSchop at aol.com PeterSchop at aol.com
Thu Mar 13 11:13:21 MST 2008

With the bore facing downward slam it very hard at an angle onto a wooden
surface.  I use my workbench.

David  Lylis
69 TR6 CC26160L
60 TR3A  TS74461LO

Thanks to all who responded to my post on removing the piston from the
clutch master cylinder. Most post were to slam it down on a wooden surface and
even to use PB Blaster first. Others were to cover with a towel and then use
compressed air. I had my doubts, but I slammed it onto my work bench and the
piston went to the end of the bore. I then continued to tap it on the bench
where the flange bolts on the firewall. The piston came out far enough to grab a
hold and pull it out.

After looking at the piston, I noticed that most of the chrome coating has
worn off the sides. Is it OK to use this way after replacing the seals?

Peter Schoppelry
'69 TR6
CC26418L