[TR] Run out.

tom white tswhitez123 at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 10 07:54:38 MST 2008

Thanks to the list I have been working on my front wheel run out beginning at
the hubs.  Once I believe I saw a comment here that you could place the front
grease seal in the hub and then tighten the hub on the spindle to seat it.

My experience was that the grease seal will not completely seat using this
method.  If it does not completely seat it produces run out at the hub.  You
need to seat it with a wood block and hammer making sure the lip of the seal
has a uniform level at the back of the hub.

After turning the mounting face of the hubs I now have a run out of 0.003 on
each side.  That is down from 0.026 on one side.

Best regards,
Tom