[TR] set available, NA individual

TeriAnn Wakeman twakeman at razzolink.com
Sun Mar 9 12:22:26 MST 2008

Dave Connitt wrote:
> TeriAnn,
> That is an excellent idea reusing the old brake fittings on new lines! It
> sure beats paying north of 100 dollars for all new lines.
> This list never ceases to amaze me.

And if you old fittings are grungy you can buy brand new bare fittings.

Most of those premade tubes are "universal fit that come rolled up.
They are never exactly the right length and you will never get really
straight lengths after unrolling them.  I only went North of $100 when I
decided to use stainless steel and I didn't go all that far North since
I made them up myself.  If I was building for concourse I would have had
to paint over the lines but instead I polished those in the engine bay.
That was about 12 years ago and they are still bright and shiny.

The only problem is that Stainless is hard & it is really hard to make a
decent double flare with standard flaring tools.

Teriann