[TR] su carbs

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Tue Mar 4 11:34:22 MST 2008

> QUESTION: You said the line was originally routed into the
> air cleaner, but
> I do not see any type of connection fitting there.  Does it
> just stick in
> through the vent hole?

Yes, it just kind of butts up against the wire mesh.  Doesn't make a lot of
difference if you have an overflow, IMO, as the excess fuel just runs
through the mesh and out the bottom of the air filter.

Sorry, I thought I had a nice photo (snagged from someone else) that showed
the original configuration, but can't find it now.  I didn't like the
thought of raw fuel being splashed around near the exhaust manifold, so on
my TR3A I had a pair of hoses that hung down below the frame rail.

Randall