[TR] Body Solder Update

DLylis at aol.com DLylis at aol.com
Tue Mar 4 05:52:35 MST 2008

Well, I tried the lead free roll solder and with a paste flux it did not
work very well as penetration and adhesion was not great.  I then used a  liquid
flux called Stay-Clean and the solder flowed well and adhesion is  great.  The
joint ground out to a nice feather edge.  I have a couple  of more places to
fix and I am done.
If you are looking for a low heat solution the tin/copper lead free works
well although it wants to be either liquid or solid so spreading is not a good
option but for small areas it seems to be good.

David  Lylis
69 TR6 CC26160L
60 TR3A TS74461LO