[TR] [6pack] GPS - Non Triumph General Question

MMoore8425 at aol.com MMoore8425 at aol.com
Sat Mar 1 08:19:04 MST 2008

In a message dated 3/1/2008 5:49:15 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
standardtriumph at btinternet.com writes:

I  recently bought a TomTom UK and Europe set-up. I admit to being very
sneering  in the past about
GPS systems, claiming that if you couldn't read a map  you ought not to be
driving :) I eat my words.
My TomTom has more than  fulfilled my expectations and I actually used it
last weekend in the
Spitfire to get to and later get away from an obscure location in London.
IMHO, whatever GPS system
you choose to buy, they're all excellent pieces  of kit and I suppose it all
boils down to what price
you want to pay, how  the info is presented and which accent you like best
that comes from the
instrument itself.

Jonmac

We bought a Garmin Nuvi 660 and just think its great. QWe are surprized by
the features we don't use and those we do use!

1.We were on a trip and staying in a motel in Ventura recently. The  wife
says "I wonder where is the closest drug store?" -just click in on the  screen
the "shiopping" tab and go down the menu fir drug stores. Soon, there's a
choice, all ranked by proximity-closest on top.
Missing an off-ramp or a freeway turn-offin a strange city is easily
recovered

2. Especially true at restaurants also-meeting friends and decide to go
out-check restaurants trhe same way.  The telephone blue tooth feature  allows
youto call immediately.

3. The telephone feature is very useful. My cell directory pops tight up to
the Nuvi . The voice quality is great,

4. Believe it or not, the photo storage feature is neat and useful. On a
weekend trip, we may take some photos with friends. I can just put the chip in
the Nuvi and we can have a nice photo show.

We don't use and would not get:

1. The talking book feature-ridiculously priced subscription  service.
2. Probably not the traffic advisory service.
Mike Moore

2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)