[TR] Cold Start Problems

Chip19474 at aol.com Chip19474 at aol.com
Mon Jun 30 06:56:35 MDT 2008

Hey Scott,

Because the engine runs fine after it starts, I agree with another post  that
your carb linkage may not be set correctly to crack the throttle plates  open
a bit from the fast idle cam on each carb.  It's easy to  check.....if you
have a helper, have the person pull the choke out while you  watch the linkage -
look for the tang on the linkage to contact the fast idle  cam and move the
cam along a bit which should crack the throttle plates open  enough to get the
mixture into the manifold.

Chip Krout
Delaware Valley Triumphs, Ltd.
Skippack, PA
1976 TR6  CF57822U

In a message dated 6/29/2008 5:22:05 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,