[TR] Keeping cool in a TR3, Revised

MMoore8425 at aol.com MMoore8425 at aol.com
Wed Jun 25 19:22:41 MDT 2008

In a message dated 6/25/2008 9:43:22 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
anabil007 at comcast.net writes:

We went  through a LOT of stuff trying to cool down Casper, high
output water pump,  aluminum radiator, flush and refill with
WaterWetter/ NoRoison ... all of  which helped, but it was not until
we replaced the thermostat with one of  the "as original" repros
($45), that it all came together.   Now  his temp goes to 185 F and
stays there.
Just last weekend we drove from  Wallace to Palo Alto over the
Altamont Past at 105 F OAT and his temp  never went above 190.  When
we had to pass through downtown Palo Alto  (stop light every block) it
went to 210 ... but as soon as we hit clean  air, back to 185  ... I
have  made my own conclusion that using  a thermostat that controls
the bypass is a major factor in a cool running  TR3 ...

Hope this helps

Bill, that is exactly my experience,
Mike Moore