[TR] Need caliper dust cover cleared up

dorpaul dorpaul at bellsouth.net
Wed Jun 25 07:33:10 MDT 2008

Unfortunetly I tried to bleed my TR3's brakes with one of the brake pads left
out of it's caliper.  this resulted in that particular caliper's piston
popping out.  As bad luck would have it, I punctured the outmost dust cover
while trying to mount it properly in the caliper.  Thus I am in need of one
dust cover.  BTW, The piston's seal is new.
    Because I have been down this road before, I have several 'proably'
unusable ones of different makes and sizes.  I wonder if someone can tell me
which dust cover is the proper one for my '60 TR3A (TS71318).  HAS ANYONE HAVE
A DUST COVER THAT THEY WOULD SELL ME?? Contact me offlist

Ruined round dust covers from my collection say:
"Girling   D.S.L. 11   64320141"   another is stamped with:
"Made in England   NS   1 FF"

The other correct rubber dust cover which sits already mounted properly in
this particular caliper says:
"Girling   D.S.L. 9   64320141"

The Girling Caliper has the following numbers cast on it's sides:
6(?5)4325125     6?A?372446
64325123  GA  17348  others pending"

Thanks,
Paul Dorsey