[TR] Keeping cool in a TR3

amcewen2 at cogeco.ca amcewen2 at cogeco.ca
Wed Jun 25 12:15:57 MDT 2008

> As I understand it, Triumph meant for the coolant tap on the engine block
> to be turned off in summer.
> I'm afraid of turning it off because the back cylinder may develop hot
> spots.  That, and in emergencies it is nice to employ the heater core for
> extra engine cooloing.  Plus, if the heater core is isloated for any
> length of time I'm worried it might act up.

I turn the tap off in May and open it up late Sept, I couldn't imagine driving with the heater core live in the meat of
the summer.  Cabin heat (even when the engine isn't reading truly hot) is the only thing that would make me consider
selling mine.  If the engine is getting hot I stop at a bar until it and I are cool.