[TR] [6pack] Compression boost

Robert Lang lang at isis.mit.edu
Fri Jun 13 21:52:30 MDT 2008

On Fri, 13 Jun 2008, Michael Porter wrote:

[stuff deleted]

> Some of it is dependent upon chamber shape--there are new cars out there
> that are running 87 octane on 10.5:1 compression--but, taking care of
> the obvious burrs, projections, etc., will help.

I'm  not trying to "one-up" here, but a modern car with ALUMINUM HEADS and
ENGINE MANAGEMENT has a few advantages over a cast iron engine with
(likely) sub-optimal ignition timing (and the possible sharp edges).

These are two completly different animals.

Regarding TR6 heads, you can actually cut quite a bit and not introduce
sharp edges and you can "fix" the probs with a dremel tool and some
quality time.

Regards,
rml