[TR] HS2's /needles/springs

Joe Curry spitlist at cox.net
Sun Jun 8 21:05:38 MDT 2008

Harve,
Since the HS2's were never placed on a Spitfire1500 at the factory, it is
hard to say how the AN needles will work.  I tried a pair on a 1500 a few
years ago and found that there was a flat spot about 4000 rpm and the car
accelerated up to that point just fine but when it reached that magic point,
it was if someone shut off the ignition switch.  If I lifted a bit, it would
pick back up.

I tried a few other needles but never did get it to perform the way I
thought it should.

Joe