[TR] Wanted - TR3A Rear Apron for Comm. No. 73910

Michael Lang mlang99 at comcast.net
Mon Jun 2 18:43:40 MDT 2008

I just got done fitting a new rear apron on my pre 60000 TR3. I bought
the new apron several years ago from TRF fairly cheap during a sale. As
I remember, it was intended to be universal through all commission
numbers and had no holes for the turn signals or license plate light due
to all of the possible variations.

I have been very please with the fit. I really drug my feet getting
started because if the intimidation factor, but it went quickly and is
now probably the straightest sheet metal on the whole car. For a post
60000 car, you would have to patch in the formed areas for the turn
signals. There is a picture of this on page 68 of "How to Restore
Triumph TR2 TR3 & TR3A".

The new apron came with separate trunk channel strip. It was of the
single lip design like the later cars and should match right up with
yours. Mine now has the original double lip at the top and sides and the
single lip across the bottom. I plan to use the TR4 style push on gasket
and I am told that the single lip should work fine.

Hope this information helps.

Mike