[TR] Triumphs and trophys

John Cohen jmcoh at comcast.net
Mon Jul 28 13:14:52 MDT 2008

I am one of those guys.  Frugality has nothing to do with it.  With kids at
home and a working wife, I simply do not have the time to spend one or two
days at a car show.  I go, pay the fee, spend a few hours at the show, often
bringing one of the kids with me, purchase some food and swag and cruise
home. A perfect day.   I feel this is both supportive of the host club and
the hobby.

John Cohen
76 TR6
http://www.triumphowners.com/701

    OK, my car show pet peeve  -  the show-eligible cars left in
the parking lot 'cause the owner is too "frugal" to pay the entry
fee and support the organizing club.  The normal excuses:
1. I'm only going to be here an hour (car is often there all day)
2. My car won't win (neither will MOST of the cars)
3. It's not a show car (so what? - support the club!)

   I don't know about others in other parts of the country but EVERY
British car show I have been to this year has had lower attendance
by 1/2 to 1/3 than the year before. This includes shows in New York,
New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Perhaps this whole "car show"
thing is getting old...