[TR] New Tach & Speedo Cables-TR3 - lubrication

Arakelian, Peter arakelianp at mossmotors.com
Mon Jul 14 16:54:46 MDT 2008

 I got that information form MoMa as well as Valley Instrument.  They
say graphite will not lubricate the cable sufficiently.

Peter Arakelian

>That directly contradicts everything that I have ever learned about
speedo and tach cables.  Wheel bearing grease is way too stiff to keep
lower temperatures from causing the lubricant to solidify and erratic
behavior in the instrument. It also attracts dust and other foreign
matter that will cause drag between che cable and housing.

>On the other hand dry graphite lubricant does not have these attributes
and is (at least I have been led to believe) is the preferred lubricant.

-