[TR] New Tach & Speedo Cables-TR3 - lubrication

Ibsen Dow flashtr3 at cox.net
Tue Jul 15 09:36:34 MDT 2008

Over the course of 30 years that I have owned this particular TR3, I have
replaced the inside cables and complete cables several times. When I pulled
the worn inside cables, I noticed the cables had wear spots that indicated it
was rubbing excessively with the outside cable. The last time I replaced the
cables I used LubriPlate grease prior to the installation that was about 8
years ago. Now the cables show the wear signs as I indicated above.

As a compromise, how about using a moly grease with graphite ( i.e.. engine
prelube ) ? Maybe that would extend the life of the inside cables. Just a
thought...see you down the road...Ibsen