[TR] New Tach & Speedo Cables-TR3 - lubrication

Joe Curry spitlist at cox.net
Mon Jul 14 12:54:47 MDT 2008

Peter,
That directly contradicts everything that I have ever learned about speedo
and tach cables.  Wheel bearing grease is way too stiff to keep lower
temperatures from causing the lubricant to solidify and erratic behavior in
the instrument. It also attracts dust and other foreign matter that will
cause drag between che cable and housing.

On the other hand dry graphite lubricant does not have these attributes and
is (at least I have been led to believe) is the preferred lubricant.

Joe C.