[TR] Lug bolt thread sizes & brakes

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Fri Jul 11 00:29:06 MDT 2008

> Trouble is I don't know which thread size is correct, so I
> don't know which ones to replace.  Therefore I'm bugging the
> list again....does anybody know?

As I recall, they are 7/16-20; right hand threads on both sides.

> Also, does anyone know the minimum thickness for a TR3A brake
> rotor...how thin can you machine it?

Again from memory, stock thickness is .500", minimum is .440".

But I've seen people run them much thinner and get away with it.  The TR3
rotors are really big compared to the weight of the car, so they don't work
as hard as other brakes do.  (The heavier TR6 actually had smaller rotors
than the TR3.)

Randall