[TR] Lug bolt thread sizes & brakes

Steve Ball banjonut at verizon.net
Thu Jul 10 22:00:04 MDT 2008

Listers.....I need some help.

I'm trying to reassemble my '60 TR3A, which has been a large pile of parts
for a long time.  Just before I disassembled it (a very LONG time ago) I
remember discovering that the lug bolts on the L/H front wheel were a
different thread from those on the R/H side.  The reason for this is a
mystery, but now I'm trying to straighten out the problem since I plan to
eventually use Minilite wheels (or a reasonable facsimile), and I want the
matching lug nuts to fit.

Trouble is I don't know which thread size is correct, so I don't know which
ones to replace.  Therefore I'm bugging the list again....does anybody know?

Also, does anyone know the minimum thickness for a TR3A brake rotor...how
thin can you machine it?

Please contact me via my home email  banjonut at verizon.net  since I get the
digest form of the list.

Thanks in advance,