[TR] tr4 trunk plate position

CarlSereda at aol.com CarlSereda at aol.com
Thu Jan 31 16:28:07 MST 2008

Ha ha - I think the 'fitting' guys at the San Francisco British Dealership
may have been in a hurry too - just measured my original TR4 trunk lid (hanging
in parents rafters since 1976) and license plate mounting holes measure
exactly 8 3/4" from bottom edge.. (where's the darn S-T dealer instruction shee
when you need it?)
Carl
'63 TR4 since '74

I'd hoped Jonmac would recollect that license plate holes were all
drilled on Fridays during happy hour. So that they might be anywhere
from 8" to 8 1/2" and sometimes drilled into a door or front wing by
mistake. In which case, factory workers simply installed a side-view
mirror in the misplaced hole. :)

Steven Newell
Littleton, CO USA
'62 TR4 x 2