[TR] Accelerator Shaft Bearing/Bushing

Bob Danielson 75TR6 at tr6.danielsonfamily.org
Thu Jan 31 16:11:58 MST 2008

 I've heard horror stories about installing these nylon shaft bearings #19
(http://tinyurl.com/yvq8qf) so I was very pleased when they went in without
too much trouble. The problem now is getting the accelerator shaft back
through them as there isn't enough room in the driver's foot well to
accommodate the length of the shaft. Before I start tearing things apart,
does removing the interior carpeted panel free up room or do I have to
remove the bearing from the car, slide it over the shaft and work it back on
to the car once the shaft is in place?

Thanks

Bob

Bob Danielson