[TR] TR4 Voltage Reg/Igniton Light

Geo & Kathleen Hahn ahwahnee at cybertrails.com
Tue Jan 29 18:47:29 MST 2008

Not every time but once in awhile my ignition light stays on when the ignition
is switched off (even after the key is withdrawn).

Restarting the engine and again switching off makes the light go out.  More
recently I found that I could make it go out by momentarily disconnecting the
battery ground cable.  When I pulled the cable I got a nice 'thunk' from
inside the voltage regulator.

Is any of this suggestive of needed adjustment, cleaning or other maintenance
required?

It only happens once a week or less so I can surely live with it, just
wondering what it's trying to tell me.  Thanks!

Geo