[TR] already turned rusty rotors?

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Sun Jan 27 22:31:04 MST 2008

>     Although no distinquishing 'ruts' are on the rotors, I
> can feel where tracks remain (maybe a 1/32" deep?)?

In that case, they weren't previously turned.

>     I wonder if they need 'turning' again?  what about the
> rust?  Can I use steel wool on it?

IMO, just put them on.  The brake pads will clean the rust off quickly.

My daughter & her family came down to visit this weekend.  When I saw them
off this morning, I was somewhat surprised to see very noticeable rust spots
on the RF rotor of their van.  Just 24 hours of damp weather.  But I'm
confident it polished off the very first time they used the brakes.

Randall