[TR] U-Joint Removal

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Sat Jan 19 18:22:38 MST 2008

> As per a suggestion from
> a fellow lister as well as the directions in Haynes, they
> should "pop" right out with some hammer tapping on the yoke.

It does work for me after seeing John Kipping demonstrate it at VTR/SP, but
I wouldn't call it "tapping" nor use a "regular" hammer.  It's more like
some pretty stout blows with a BFH (I used a 2.5 lb mini-sledge).  All
things considered, I find it easier to use the hydraulic press (now that I
have one).  Before I got the press, I used the vice jaws.

Or this technique should work too :
http://tinyurl.com/3ataeh

Randall