[TR] U-Joint Removal

Michael Lang mlang99 at comcast.net
Sat Jan 19 18:28:31 MST 2008

Bob,

I have always pressed them in and out using a pair of sockets. Choose a
small enough socket to pass through the hole in the yoke. Place it on
the side of the that you are pushing from, and a large enough socket on
the opposite side to receive the cup that you are pushing out. Clamp the
whole assembly in a large vice and press it apart. For tool purists, it
is not exactly the intended use for sockets, but it has always worked
well for me.

Mike