[TR] TR6 - Help diff-pin measurment

PeterSchop at aol.com PeterSchop at aol.com
Sat Jan 12 23:30:13 MST 2008

I'm in the process of replacing the front set of differential mount pins  and
brackets on my '69 TR6. I have already removed the pins and brackets and
will be welding the new ones on in the morning. I need to know what  the  d
istance is from the bottom of the bracket to the taper on the threads of the  pin.
Also, what is the distance from the bottom of the diff bridge to the  bottom of
the pins?

The ones I took off appear to be 1 3/4". Can that be correct? I'm putting  on
poly mount bushings. When I put the two bushings together, they are 1 7/8"
plus the thickness of the washer and the diff yoke bracket. I do not think that
 the poly bushing will compress. This measurement is critical. If it is too
small, I will not be able to put the nut on and if it is too great, I will
have  free play.

TIA
Peter Schoppelry

PS... Please answer direct as I am in digest  mode.