[TR] Frozen Tach

ZoboHerald at aol.com ZoboHerald at aol.com
Sat Jan 12 19:38:25 MST 2008

In a message dated 1/12/2008 2:59:34 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
TR250Driver at aol.com writes:

I just  put a NOS Tach in the GT6+ and it snapped the cable at the
distributor!  I took it back out and it appears to be frozen.   What's  up
with that?

==AM==
I've heard that sort of thing is not uncommon with NOS speedos and tachs.
It's usually from sitting around unused all those years, and whatever lubricants
 and such inside harden up. Like so many other things mechanical, just
sitting often does them no good at all. NOS means unused but not necessarily
ready-to-use. :-(

--Andy   Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not  so  much of a jet, it's more your, er,
Triumph Herald engine with   wings.
-- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus   (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6)  and
Triumph Herald Database at its new URL: _http://triumph-herald.us_
(http://triumph-herald.us/)