[TR] TR3A Alternator conversion bracket pipe

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Thu Jan 10 18:53:00 MST 2008

> When the snow clears a bit this spring, I'd like to beef up
> the alternator conversion by welding in the pipe between the
> ears of the bracket.

I guess I'm missing something Terry.  How is welding that pipe in place
going to beef up the mount ?  Don't you already have a long bolt running all
the way through, that clamps the ears firmly to the pipe ?

And is there some reason not to use ordinary 1/2" pipe (if your HD no longer
carries 3/8") ?

When I need something like that, I usually just drop in at the local metal
supply; my favorite is M-K Metals.  Sometimes they will have cutoffs they'll
sell me cheap, but even a 20' stick of 1/2" seamless steel tubing wasn't
very much.  Of course that was some years ago, it may have gotten more
expensive.

Or poke around on eBay, there's all sorts of cutoffs and whatnot for sale
there.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190178828373

Randall