[TR] TR3A Alternator conversion bracket pipe

terryrs at comcast.net terryrs at comcast.net
Thu Jan 10 17:40:20 MST 2008

When the snow clears a bit this spring, I'd like to beef up the alternator conversion by welding in the pipe between the ears of the bracket.  This measures to be 3/8ths ID, 1/2 OD and about 4 inches long.
How does one source that?  Haven't found it at Lowes or HD, and I'd hate to buy a 24 inch section, but will if I have to.
Also, I'd like to use the 2" x 2" steel box to enclose the flange on the alternator to complete the set up.  Any source ideas there?
Remember Claire's "Where's the beef?"  I don't want another problem with a breaking bracket on the alternator.
One thing I CAN promise, the weld on this bracket will be the ugliest piece of art you've ever seen!
Appreciation in advance....
Terry Smith ('59 TR3A pretty much stock)
New Hampshire (where the pollsters have finally stopped calling, and where my toes are healing from tripping over hopefuls)