[TR] [6pack] Special Bolts Needed?

Robert Lang lang at isis.mit.edu
Thu Jan 10 11:44:29 MST 2008

On Thu, 10 Jan 2008, Bob Danielson wrote:

> A while ago there was a discussion about the special bolts that TR6 calipers
> use, but how about the driveshaft and axle flange bolts? TRF lists them in
> their catalog as "Special Bolt # 107960". Is this another example of the
> collar being a unique size relative to the thread? At a $1.50 each the price
> adds up pretty fast.

I don't know of another source for this bolt.

It's basically a grade 5 equiv, but the grip length is odd and the
threaded portion is fairly short. I suspect that an AN6 bolt could be
substituted, but I've never tried it.

They also use a nylon insert nut (elastic stop nut) that's a tad shorter
than a full height AN6 nut - but it's taller than a half-height AN6 nut.

Go figure.

$24 is a lot less than the damage you'll get if the bolts fail and your
axles start flailing around.

> Thanks
>
> Bob

regards,