[TR] TR3 or 4 engine needed

Ron Jones earthron at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 2 18:51:56 MST 2008

Happy New Year to all!

  The wife says it is time to get the '58 TR3 painted and put together. She wants to drive it . It is going through a quick (it has only been 5 years so far) frame off restoration. The body is going to get a great Black paint job as soon as the painter has a spot open up. It is being done as fill in, sort of like a "government job", to keep the cost down.

  I need to buy a complete engine from carbs to oil pan for this project. Condition is not too important, as I will be doing a rebuild before I install it in the car. I am an hour north of Los Angeles and can travel some to pick up or possibly have it shipped. I would consider Northern CA to Tucson AZ to be in my driving range.

    The TR3 was raced back in the 1970's and I put the engine from it in my '63 TR4 race car. The TR3 is going to be a street car so the Kastner F cam and 12:1 compression of the race engine will not be needed.

  If anyone can help, you can reply off list to earthron at yahoo.com or TR3a1958 at yahoo.com. Or call me 9am to 10pm Pacific time @ 818 571-4355

  Thanks,
  Ron

  '58 TR3A Frame Off ready for paint