[TR] Will I regret making these mods?

Chip19474 at aol.com Chip19474 at aol.com
Mon Feb 25 17:50:15 MST 2008

In a message dated 2/25/2008 4:01:27 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
m.d.mackay at sympatico.ca writes:

I was  thinking of ceramic coating the exhaust manifold. Although this
might  provide a modest benefit to performance, the primary appeal  is
cosmetic.

Dave,

I was talked out of jet-hot coating my stainless steel exhaust manifold by
my restoration shop years ago when we restored the TR6 ( the shop owner claimed
 that the ceramic would crack and yellow over time).  The price was very
reasonable and I knew that the quality was good plus the ceramic would provide
long lasting appearance and "run" cooler.  Instead I used a high temp  exhaust
paint from Eastwood.  It looks okay after 5 years but just doesn't  compare to
what a nice jet-hot would have looked like.  I would say go for  it!

Chip Krout
Delaware Valley Triumphs, Ltd.
Skippack, PA
1976 TR6  CF57822U