[TR] TR4 starter part

Bob Labuz yellowtr at adelphia.net
Mon Feb 25 17:23:04 MST 2008

Hello,

Well I am working on my yearly winter project of restoring some of my parts
collection and since I just completed a TR4 figured I should try to see what
starter parts I have and if I can make a spare or 2.

Well I seem to have the parts for about 3 spares! Good news but I would like
to replace that little spring that is used to return the starter pinion.

The ones I have are quite rusty and one even broke.

Well Moss does not stock the part. Same with Victoria Brit.

TRF lists the part but at a cost of over 54$. Yes that is correct 54$ for a
spring that weighs less than a penny!

Does anyone know of a source for this spring? but for less than 54 bucks?

The Triumph part # is 70062 and can be found as item # AB24 on page 62 of the
TR4 parts manual.

Thanks

Bob