[TR] No More Clunking

dmnlaw dmnlaw at peoplepc.com
Sun Dec 28 19:00:37 MST 2008

Just replaced my stock axles and hubs with new units produced by Richard Good. The stock units that I removed were in good condition including u-joints. Despite their condition I still had a lot of clunking. With the new units I have no clunking . . . much to my delight. In the past there has been a lot of discussion regarding "clunking culprits." My clunking with the stock units was no doubt coming from the spline joints; a little wear has the potential to result in a lot of clunking. Just thought I would post this experience for those trying to cure the clunk problem.

Doug Nelson
74TR6