[TR] TR3A Spare Tire Straps

Scott Suhring suhringtr36 at comcast.net
Thu Dec 25 07:30:31 MST 2008

I am completely puzzled on how the spare tire/tool roll straps are
installed. It seems pretty straight forward that the two piece strap, which
has the loop on one end of each piece, must be for the tool roll, with the
buckle being used to secure the roll. What I can't figure out is how the
other piece, the long strap that has the loop on the one end with the buckle
part way up from that end and then the full length with the holes ending
without a loop at the other end. It seems as if the end with the loop must
be secured to the top metal bracket or the bottom one, and then the strap
going somewhere and then through the loop and down to the buckle, but I
cannot for the life of me figure how this would work. Any clear pictures or
explanation would be greatly appreciated.  TIA

Scott Suhring
Mechanicsburg, PA
'70 TR6
'59 TR3