[TR] buying a TR4 question

DLylis at aol.com DLylis at aol.com
Wed Dec 24 21:28:26 MST 2008

This car has modifications other than the tranny.  The yellow fan is a  TR6
and the valve cover is alloy and not original.  These are easy to  change back
but. . .if changes like this were made then it is likely that the  kind of
attention to originality that you seem concerned with, is not  there.  IMHO you
will find other things as well as the description uses the  word "updates" in a
couple of places.  That is  not to say this is not  a nice car.  It appears
to be a very nice car.  If you want a very  nice driver that is one thing.  If
you are expecting an original concourse  car, well that is something else.  I
think this car is in Orlando as the  address is somewhere I am familiar with
in Orlando but the spelling is different  than I know.  As well, the car has
Alabama plates.  I would check  that out.
As to shipping, I would call FedEx and get a quote.  It may not be as  much
as you think and insuring it for the trip is only a few hundred.
Maybe someone else on the list has a sense for the value of this car.   I
don't.

David  Lylis
69 TR6 CC26160L
60 TR3A TS74461LO