[TR] TR3A Spare Tire Straps

Jim Bauder jimbpps at cox.net
Sat Dec 27 18:18:54 MST 2008

Scott,

The strap you have a question about, holds the spare tire in place! It should be
attached to the floor of the trunk (there should be two holes in the trunk floor
just below the trunk latch) with the long part of the strap towards the 'inside'
of the spare tire compartment. The longest part of the strap goes through an
additional strap mounting bracket mounted on the 'floor' of the spare tire
compartment. Feed the strap through the bracket from the inside though to the
'outside' then up to the buckle. Tighten the strap through the buckle, thus
holding the spare tire in place.

The other strap mounts to the floor of the spare tire compartment on the left
side near the rear portion and holds the 'tool roll'.

Questions? Come back or give me a call!

Good luck!

Jim
Jim Bauder
480-309-9525
'68 TR250 CD47L (But have owned 'many' TR3s!!)
Scottsdale, AZ
http://www.triumphowners.com/647