[TR] Spit: Lucas electronic ignition

Jeff Scarbrough fishplate at charter.net
Sat Dec 20 09:45:50 MST 2008

At 11:01 AM 12/20/2008, Tim Gaines wrote:
>So has my fiddling in the past been accomplishing something
>unrelated to grounding, or does the electronic ignition fail this
>way, with intermittent stops and starts regardless of what I do?

Could be.  The remote Lucas ignition box contains a secret,
though.  the box contains a low-cost GM ignition module.  Hints
at  <http://www.triumphspitfire.com/substitute.html>

Look around on the web or check with NASS for the particulars on
replacing it, though I think it's pretty straightforward.  I'd go
ahead and change it - $17.99 at my local FLAPS.

>Thanks for any advice, and happy holidays to everyone. Can you
>believe I was driving the TR6 top down yesterday here in the warm
>south?!  Sorry to rub that in.  Yeah, yeah, I know that cold weather
>is back in our forecast in a couple of days.

We'll enjoy it while we can!

Jeff Scarbrough      75 TR6 x 1, 76 1500 x 2, 78 1500 x 1, 80 1500 x 0.5
http://www.fishplate.org/vehicles/
Corrosion Acres, Georgia         #354