[TR] Spit: Lucas electronic ignition

Michael Lang mlang99 at comcast.net
Sat Dec 20 10:05:00 MST 2008

>> So has my fiddling in the past been accomplishing something unrelated
>> to grounding, or does the electronic ignition fail this way, with
>> intermittent stops and starts regardless of what I do?
>
> Could be. The remote Lucas ignition box contains a secret, though. the
> box contains a low-cost GM ignition module. Hints at
> <http://www.triumphspitfire.com/substitute.html>
So here's a thought: The substitute web page says that the GM module is
grounded to the inside of the Lucas box which is then grounded to the
body. What if the ground connection between the GM module and the Lucas
box is iffy? Might be worth measuring before you pull the GM module out
of the Lucas box.

Mike