[TR] TR4 & TR6 question

Dave Connitt dconnitt at fuse.net
Wed Dec 17 19:45:42 MST 2008

Marty,
I can answer this question!!!

When I bought my TR4A the previous owner had told me that the frame was
already restored by the guy HE bought it from so that was why it was such a
good deal..
Well, after I bought it I noticed that the big bolt coming out of the
crankshaft in the front of the engine was about 1/8" above the steering
rack. (I should have brought a knowledgeable TR guy with me to look at the
car but I digress....)
I later found out (from a knowledgeable TR guy) that the nicely painted
frame under my TR4A was in fact a TR-250 frame which was totally useless in
a TR4A.
I ended up parting out that car and starting over..
If you go to my Triumph web page there are pictures of what I mean under "My
first TR4A".

Dave Connitt
'67 TR4A
http://home.fuse.net/davestr4a