[TR] TR4 & TR6 question

pethier at comcast.net pethier at comcast.net
Tue Dec 16 21:26:06 MST 2008

From: marty sukey <trmarty at hotmail.com>
> Does anybody have both a TR4 and a TR6 in their garage they would be willing
> to take a look at for me? By looking at two frames it appears that the
> steering rack and cross tube are mounted farther forward in a TR6 than on a
> TR4. I am going to guess that this is to clear those extra two big round holes
> in the TR6 block. I am looking for confirmation on that. I also need to
> determine what issues I might run into by moving the rack forward in the TR4.
> It worked in the TR250 so it's somehow possible (I think). Anybody have time
> to take a peek for me and tell me what you see?

Dunno how this affects your question, but I thought I'd remind you.

As I recall, the TR4 frame is way different from the TR6.  The TR4A frame is more similar to the TR6.

--
62 Triumph TR4 CT2846L, 07 Saturn Ion 3 2.4, 93 Suburban, 94 Miata C-package, 79 Caterham 7
pethier [at] comcast [dot] net http://forum.mnautox.com/forums/ http://www.flickr.com/photos/pethier