[TR] TR4 & TR6 question

levilevi levilevi at comcast.net
Tue Dec 16 21:29:06 MST 2008

Marty,

Looks to me that the crossmember and the steering rack are pretty much the
same position in both my 6 and my TR4A.  The crossmember bolts to the same
place on the upper spring bracket on both as far as I can tell and the
steering rack is directly under the crossmember on both.

I think the 4 banger engine is just shorter....maybe they knew something was
in the works, e.g. a 6 banger engine.  Looks like the fan extension is quite a
bit shorter on the 6 than the 4A and maybe the even damper/pulley is thinner
(I couldn't get a good look at the one on the 4A...too much junk piled up) on
the 6 engine which just by eyeballing it looks like the difference would allow
for those two extra round holes.  The damper is a lot further from the
crossmember on the 4A than on the 6.

If the TR4A and the TR4 frames are different (which I can't answer) then all
of that info. doesn't apply.

Bud Rolofson

71TR6 CC57365 (Good 6)
66TR4A CTC57806 (The Wreck-Almost Parts)
66TR4A CTC57529 (The Project)
71F-250 Camper Special (Triumph Support Vehicle)
Z-50A Hardly Davidson 1977 Honda Mini-Trail Bike (Triumph Pit Bike)